So, I thought to myself: Let's go look what I did!
Luckily for me, my whole mental history of that time of my life is online, so I can easily read it!
Holy crap, I was ... well. I was a kid.
Some things that stand out:
- Huh. This is an entry almost entirely about riding roller coasters. Okay, I could see myself writing that. And no one would care today any more than they did then. Also, this entry contains the words "Killed me, quite literally." THAT ISN'T WHAT LITERALLY MEANS, OLD SELF.
- I did a bunch of LiveJournal development related stuff. If other people acted on my open source projects the way that I acted on LJ, there is no question I would have considered them an annoying little shit, and ignored them. (This is, in fact, mostly what happened; in hindsight, I completely deserved it. READ A BOOK, OLD SELF.)
- Jess and I still argue over the level of depth required in a one-page paper.
- A lot of the reference material -- websites, journals, other people, etc. -- from that time is now gone. It's kind of sad to look back 12 years and realize that a lot of the references just... aren't things anymore.
- Was entirely too full of myself on minor technology choices.
- ... huh. I didn't remember that.
- ... I made a list of places that I made out with my girlfriend on the weekend of prom.
You know, I'm a little bit less annoying, and there are a lot of things about me that have changed, but even 12 years later, there's a lot of me that's stayed the same.