I'm high energy today. This is probably in part as a result of the fact that:
- The kids are with Jess's mom this week. This means that I'm spending less energy on the kids. I miss them, but there's no way that I can do anything other than admit they can be exhausting.
- Jess has been up and about for the past 24 hours. We drove to the pet store yesterday. We watched a movie together last night. I haven't had this much time hanging out with her in a long time.
- I'm listening to high energy music. I like doing that.
- I have a new office at work. It's smaller than the old one, but new things always give me a bit more energy anyway. It's like a clean slate! Well, except we're keeping the old whiteboards, but the idea is there.
- It's sunny. We haven't had much sunny weather around here lately, and having it is nice. Of course, as a side effect, it's wicked hot today, and if I wasn't in the office, it would probably be cursing the 'nice' weather, but it's nice and cool in the office, and the sun is shining.
Mm. Terrible music that makes me happy. Maybe I'll even go do some work now.