I took a fair number of pictures, and a few videos: the pictures will go under my 313 tag on flickr, and I'll try and figure out how to convert the videos to something usable. (They come off the phone as 3GP, which is something that only realplayer can play, as far as I know.)
Some hilights of the evening:
- Finding Delia with almost no effort: she was walking outside or something when I came up, making her easy to find. And I even somewhat recognized her!
- Singing along with basically every kareoke song that was being sung (loudly)
- An absolutely succulent performance of "All That Jazz": I have video, but I'm sure it couldn't tell the real story behind how perfect the girl played the part. (Performer is here, but blurry, dark cameraphone pictures don't do her justice)
- Rubbing back and getting back rubbed
- Going into the dance room and actually having people watch me dance. I was used to it among high school students, but among people who are much more adult, it's fun
- Having someone shout "Penguin Power", in response to my Linux shirt, before...
- My awesome display of kareoke power in faded voice singing of "Pump it Up"
(Succulent is an interesting word to describe a performance. Another one I thought of using was "saucy", but it wasn't dirty, and I think succulent is closer to what my thought process is on it.)
I think that 313 is the kind of place that I really like to be. It's alternative, meaning I don't feel like I can really be too odd: when you've got guys dressing in full drag alongside you, most of what I do in public seems pretty tame. It's got a hangout/pool shooting area, kareoke area, and a dance floor, and the crowd just seems nice and relaxed. I'll probably try going out to a dance-type club sometime somewhere, but that's just because sometimes I want better music to dance to.