Yes, I really was in that crap of a mood.
So, at 9:30pm, after everyone else was asleep, and I was just getting more and more emo, I decided it was time to do something for myself. I took the laptop upstairs, curled up on the futon with a blanket, and watched a movie. American Wedding, to be precise. Really crappy movie if you're looking for plot or an interesting story or anything, but like the other American Pie movies, it's a good no-brainer to watch.
After that, I wasn't tired. So I watched another movie. Panic Room, specifically. I had seen previews for it 10 million times when it was in the theater, but never actually saw it. I've been meaning to watch it ever since, but I don't get a lot of time to watch movies on my own, and I knew Jess would hate it, so it was a good oppourtunity.
When I finished, I'd been laying around, doing nothing for 3.5 hours, it was 2am... and I felt happy and alive for the first time in more than a week. So I cleaned. And cleaned. And cleaned. In the next hour, until 3:15 am, I:
- Cleared the kitchen table. Old dishes, papers, toys were all put away.
- Cleared the living room table - leftovers from the night before, as well as more toys and papers were tossed or put away.
- Cleaned up the recycling: filled two bags with newspapers, collapsed all the cardboard, collected all the recyclables that were upstairs into two paper bags, tossed all the stuff that had just got set aside, and made it all neat and in one palce.
- Did the dishes. Washed the mold out of a couple of tomato soup cups that had been hidden under stuff, and washed a half dozen bowls by hand before putting them all in the dishwasher. Emptied out an almost completely full sink to the point where it was only a pan and two mixing bowls from brownies made earlier.
- Cleared the counters. Restacked the cookbooks, put away stuff in the pantry, organized the fruit, put the mixer away in the pantry, wiped everything down.
- Put away the cat food: moved the old cans to the front, and the new ones put in the back under the bathroom cabinet where they belong.
- Swept the kitchen: cleaned up all the stuff that was lying around, trashed most of it, and swept up the kitchen floor.
- Swept up the bad parts of the carpet upstairs: stuff like spilled snack mix, etc. got swept up.
- Continued sweeping most of the bad parts of the floor, so that they looked much more clean and were nicer to walk on. Remember, it was 3am, I couldn't exactly vaccuum.
- Gathered all the miscellaneous stuff - papers, etc - that had not yet been cleaned up and put them in a plastic storage thing, for sorting by me or Jess later.
In other words, I took an upstairs that was a disaster (kids were home, Jess has been sick, etc.) and converted it into something that almost sparkled.
Yesterday, Jess was backing out of the driveway, and got the jetta stuck on a snowbank. After 45 minutes of chipping away at it, i got the car loose.
This morning, I snowblowed a path out for the van, which Jess didn't get a chance to do yesterday.
Like I said. Sometimes, I rock.