Chris Schmidt (crschmidt) wrote,
Chris Schmidt

  • Mood:

Heading back to school

I didn't smoke or drink to reason with my head...

A long weekend. Thrills, Chills, and spills. Sunday Sunday Sunday!

Okay, so I just felt like pretending to advertise for a monster track rally. Also, I haven't written in cursive for a long time. Looking at my horrible handwriting, I know why. (One of the "benefits" of me writing entries by hand is you get some nice longhand tidbits).

This weekend is (was?) my grandmothers birthday. I went home to be with family, and to get Things Done ™ that I hadn't done before that I should have. It was also Valentines Day, so I decided before I left that I would try to have a good time with Sarah, because she was my best single friend.

After making a mistake about the time of the bus (I thought it was 1:45, it was really 2:10) and needing to kill 15 more minutes at home, I got on the bus.

It was an uneventful ride back home. The snow that had been promised never arrived, meaning we spent an hour or so driving through dirty rain, and we were dry the rest of the way.

When we got to oakbrook, everyone filed off the bus. By the time I got ouff there were about 10 people standing in front of the under-bus luggage bin. I think they were waiting for someone to unload their luggage, or hoping it would leap off the bus into their hands. Remembering that I had tossed my bag as far back as possible upon departure, I knew I had to do something if I didn't want to wait in the cold for 10 more minuties. I walked up and started unloading bags onto the curb, hoping someone would follow my lead and lenda hand. I continued pushing bags from far back to the curb, with various helpers, until I got every last bag out from the bus. This meant that I spent 3-4 minutes inside the luggage bin, just pushing bags forward so other people could have them. All because most people are simply too lazy to pull out anyone else's bags, even to get their own.

Waited for dad to show up, got home, spent 30 minutes with family while they prepared to go to Cwian's for dinner. Pulled out the little teddy bear I got for Sarah, and took off to pick her up.

My plan for the evening had been to have an evening at Bakers square, fololowed by a move at Arcada. (Harry met Sally was playing at 8). Not a perfect evening, but okay for two friends sharing a Valentines Day.

I presented her with the bear, which she loved. I only found out later how sad she was because she thought she wouldn't be getting anything.

We went out to Dinner, and had a great time with a very good waiter. We headed to Arcada only to find out the movie was the weekly "brew-vie": 21+ only, because alcohol is served.

We rented "about a boy" at block buster, and watched that instead. Very cute movie. I realized about 15 minutes in that I had read the book, but it was still definitely worth teh watch. Hugh grant was playing a less "stiff" role, which was interesting. Also, Sarah and I both want British accents now: next time someone sees them on sale, drop me a line.

I had to leave around 11, after enjoying a wonderful V-day. Best ever for me, since usually I sit around the house moping.

Saturday was mostly boring. I had stayed up late trying to do homework so I woke up kind of late (9am) Played quite a bit of DDR Max (I'm starting to get pretty good!) and had to help deal with a popped tired on the Cadillac. Went and watched Beautiful mind and part of a DMB concert on DVD with Sarah. DIdn't get a chance to hang out with Erin, unfortunately, but such is life. Damn relationships, always getting in the way ;)

Finished my CS 231 Homework, which was a Very Good Thing. Very good fran was here this weekend, otherwise I probably would have skipped the friday review session. That would have made all the difference in me getting this thing done ;)

Did some work on plogs too: I need to get some more "LiveJournal" Stripping done. However, the site is in an almost usable form now, which is really nice. The design is amazing: I love how it's not a modified dystopia like every other friggin scheme on every LJ clone.

Sunday was spetn preparing, going, and returning from Oma's house, entirely. Not at all exciting, and I wish I could have brought myself to write or do homework or something useful. However, I did not, and I continue that trend as I write this.

Now I'm sitting on the bus, watching the snow on the side of the road get deeper as we head farther south, and listening to last year's prom theme on repeat over and over (for the last hour anyway).

All in all, a very good weekend. It was fun for the most part, and I got a lot of stuff done/together, which was nice.

I can't wait to be back though. As much as I sometimes love being home, I love coming back a lot too. Crappy food, lonliness, and all, school is my home, and it's always nice to come home.

Happy Monday everyone.

(Written 11.30pm, Sunday, February 16th, 2003)

  • candy

    At our old house, we always ran out of candy, so I live in perpetual fear of it. At this house, we were totally ghost town one year, and we ran out…

  • Projects

    Overall, I have a handful of projects I'm working on. - Livestream Alerts: Website for generating alerts during Livestreams. Most recent work:…

  • sigh, humans

    For the last 36 hours, I have been unreasonably upset by the simplest, stupidest things that people do. Why can't people just be more smart and less…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded